Thursday, March 10, 2011

Iggy Pop And The Stooges

If you haven't heard The Stooges' music, listen below and educate yourself. Then weep and realise what you've been missing out on.
 
The Stooges - Search And Destroy
The Stooges - I Wanna Be Your Dog
The Stooges - Gimme Danger
The Stooges - Loose (Take 2)

Whilst Search And Destroy and Gimme Danger are my favorite songs of theirs, most people might know I Wanna Be Your Dog. This classic was played in Guy Richie's Lock Stock And Two Smoking Barrels as Tom loses all his money gambling and starts walking out of Hatchet Harry's place. Moving On. Loose probably has some of the steamiest lyrics I've heard but I dig it.

Iggy Pop was the inventor of the stage-dive which he started at a concert in Detroit. His on stage persona derived from Jim Morrison's of The Doors. He is a pioneer of the Punk movement and his raw punk is popular to this day. As a little added bonus, I have added one of his classic solo songs below.

Iggy Pop - The Passenger

No comments:

Post a Comment